questions to ask when designing a custom wardrobe in melbourne
Wardrobes have come a long way from the old style built-ins and big ugly wooden boxes that take up bedroom space. Wardrobes and closets can now be whole rooms to store clothes, or used as dressing rooms or sitting rooms. This means wardrobes have to be durable, adaptable, and user-friendly. The questions to ask when designing your custom wardrobes in Melbourne include whether you:
1. Want to incorporate a mirror?
2. Want a place to sit?
3. Want to watch TV while you dress?
4. Want to iron in the dressing room/wardrobe area?
5. How about taking in the view?
Some tips about the above:
• It’s convenient to have a chair so you can sit while you put on socks and shoes. What also works well is a seat under the window where nothing else fits.
• Your mirror needs to have a clear space of a metre or more.
• Install a fold away ironing board or allow a space to store a regular ironing board
• To watch TV it needs to be at eye level. It needs power and aerial or internet connection.
• The view? If you can see out others can probably see in so have the window high up.
at versa robes, we offer first class service, exceptional quality and superior workmanship for all our custom wardrobes we design and deliver
what size should a closet or custom built wardrobe be?
The size of a closet or custom wardrobe Melbourne depends on your choice, really, whether you want a walk in wardrobe or built in wardrobe with hinged wardrobe doors or sliding wardrobe doors. To help you decide, consider how many clothes and accessories you have or are likely to build up to in the future. You can make more space in a built in closet by adding pockets to the back of the door for things like shoes and keys or hooks or over door racks for these items. For more space and depth, a walk in closet is now a preferred option in master bedroom suites and loved for their storage space and versatility.
A few additional considerations for wardrobe builders Melbourne, when you design your walk-in or built in closets in Melbourne can be found below:
Walk-in closets: Walk in closets can range from a couple of square metres to the size of a bedroom. You should factor usability and practicality into the design of your closet if you intend on including things like seating, a vanity or a dressing area.
Built in closets: Sizes range from 90 cm to 240cm wide and 60 cm 75cm deep. In older homes walk in closets are usually found in kids’ rooms, corridors, and in the bedrooms. These closets were designed with return walls that can limit access inside, a shelf and a single rod for clothes. Today you can choose from a wide variety of products that offer more space with numerous storage options.
Versa Robes is the top choice when it comes to exceptional custom closets, built in robes or walk in wardrobes in Melbourne
how much does a custom wardrobe cost in melbourne?
What your wardrobe or closet will cost is not a straightforward estimate. There are many variables including size, materials, configuration, draw hardware, accessories and hinged wardrobe doors or sliding wardrobe doors. Also take into consideration that few homes are perfectly square and some are questionably constructed.
This is why we send a Versa Robes design consultant to your Melbourne home to accurately measure and custom design your wardrobes. No matter if you have heaps of room or a tiny space for your closet, we have the experience and expertise to create a wardrobe that looks beautiful and meets your needs. As a rough guide:
• A simple built in wardrobe you’d expect to pay a minimum $1,600 and for a custom built, top of the range wardrobe the quote could be up to $5,000.
• For a walk-in wardrobe you could spend tens of thousands depending on the size and complexity. The only limits are your budget and imagination.
The good news is, at Versa Robes – wardrobe makers Melbourne can design a custom wardrobe Melbourne for any space, any style and any budget! We’re the specialists in custom made wardrobes in Melbourne, so no matter what ideas or requirements you may have with your next wardrobe design, we’re the experts who will bring your ideas to life.
Book a free design and quote in Melbourne today! Our wardrobe design specialists will ensure you are aware of all the little things that need to be considered as they design your wardrobe together with you.
Call us today and let’s chat about your wardrobe ideas.